Seattle Chocolates Opens for Tours
SEATTLE CHOCOLATES ANNOUNCES NEW CHOCOLATE TOUR EXPERIENCE, OPEN TO PUBLIC
Tukwila-based chocolate company welcomes public for “Experience Chocolate” behind-the-scenes tour, opening January 2017
Seattle, Wash. – January 9, 2017 – Seattle Chocolates announced today they will be opening their doors to the public for the first time in their 25-year history with the “Experience Chocolate” tour. It opens January 9, at the Seattle Chocolates factory located at 1180 Andover Park West. This delicious and interactive tour will surprise and delight locals and visitors alike as they experience an insider look into the daily operations at this celebrated Northwest confectioner.
Experience Chocolate is a celebration of all things chocolate and an opportunity to bring people of all ages together to taste, experience and discover all aspects of this sweet sensation. The tour is designed as an immersive experience that educates and inspires visitors to delight in the chocolate-making process.
“We know people are fascinated by how things are made and want to know where their chocolate comes from. We are excited to share more about the company and the people behind the product,” said Jean Thompson, owner and CEO of Seattle Chocolates. “Our products have been in many people’s homes across the U.S. and Canada and we are excited to invite them to ours.”
The tour was designed and curated by a collective of chocolate-obsessed operations, purchasing, quality, customer service, sales, retail and marketing employees at Seattle Chocolates. MG2 was hired as the architect to oversee the tour vision, specifically the magenta mezzanine walkway that guides visitors through the factory from a true bird’s-eye view.
Tour highlights include:
- Taste a smorgasbord of chocolate samples.
- Learn about the history of chocolate and the cacao plant in the Chocolate Classroom.
- Immerse yourself in the busy, chocolaty bustle of a working factory.
- Discover what makes a truffle a truffle and watch “live” how a truffle flavor is carefully crafted, poured, molded, shaken and then run through a chocolate waterfall before it’s finally cooled and packaged.
- Experience the Tasting Room where you explore different chocolate varieties and flavor combinations based on what is being made fresh that day. Visitors get the opportunity to suggest new flavor ideas that may become reality for the next Seattle Chocolates collection.
- Create your own gift box in the Gift Shop. Mix your choice of more than 20 truffle flavors, or try a jcoco chocolate flight exploring different cacao percentages of dark chocolate and origins of chocolate.
Starting today, tickets can be purchased online at www.seattlechocolates.com/tours. Tours are held Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Price of admission is $10. Due to safety reasons, no children under the age of 6 are permitted.
Since 1992, Seattle Chocolates has celebrated the innovation and local flavors of the Pacific Northwest with a full line of premium chocolates that includes truffle bars, award-winning truffles, jcoco chocolate bars and a selection of seasonal and special occasion products. Using only the finest all-natural ingredients, many inspired by the Northwest heritage and artisanal spirit, Seattle Chocolates creates fresh, approachable flavor-combinations.
For more information on Seattle Chocolates and up-to-date tour information, visit www.seattlechocolates.com.